09 August 2010

Old Santa Fé Photos Gathered from FaceBook Group YOU KNOW YOU'RE "OLD SCHOOL SANTA FE" WHEN...

FaceBook is so addictive. I originally joined at the beginning of last summer because I heard that information about my Santa Fé High School 40th year class of 1971 Reunion information would be found there. First I found my close friends who I've known since our days of talking about Northern Exposure on Prodigy about 19 years ago. Then I found friends from alt.showbiz.gossip followed by so many of my very favorite former students. It only took about a month to have me totally hooked.

Sometime in January, a new group formed called "YOU KNOW YOU'RE "OLD SCHOOL SANTA FE" WHEN..." When photos of "Old Santa Fé" started to appear, I knew I had to add my own collection. 1000s of photos began to appear. Here is a collection of some of my favorites from even "older school" than I am. I'm not sure where these photos originated, who deserves credit for them or even when or where they were taken.


1846 Map of Santa Fe


Map of Santa Fe 1882


East San Francisco Street on the Plaza before 1866


Curiosity Shop, on the left side, later called the Old Curio Shop

Curio Shop on West San Francisco Street
Earliest photo above and later below




santa fe 082
Photo taken 9 Oct 2006 by Matt Bennett


San Miguel Mission


San Miguel Mission & St. Michael's College


San Miguel Mission


Loretto Academy


Palace of the Governors


Across the Street from the Cathedral


Sena Plaza cir. 1919


Plaza


Bridge Street


Palace Hotel


Saint Vincent Hospital


The Capital Building with St. Michael's College in the Foreground


Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Depot with New West
Academy building on right located on Garfield St., cir 1917


San Francisco Street cir. 1900


Catron Building on the Plaza


Scottish Rite Temple


West San Francisco Street


De Vargas Hotel


Palace Ave & Lincoln Street


La Fonda


West Plaza


South Side of the Plaza


S.W. Side of the Plaza


South Plaza



Sena Plaza on Palace Ave.


Water Street & Cerrillos Road

Bookmark and Share

No comments: