28 September 2010

Update on My Cats

My blog is always full of cats.  So is my home life.  At the present we have three inside/backyard cats and five feral cats that we watch over.  Since we have cat-proofed the backyard to ensure our cats stay in, our insides cats and feral cats can only interact through the front screen door.


Nambe & Juan, two of Sophie's Boys
Nambe is Pojaoque's Twin Brother

My husband and I started out with five cats, three that were my cats who basically decided that I was going to become a crazy cat lady & moved in with me. They were all older cats when my husband brought his two pampered, younger girls into the pride.  The years have passed, and we only have Cassie, one of Jim's girls, left of that pride.  Since, Pojaoque & Laguna have brought their youthful kitteh energy into our home.

Pojaoque, on a Lease in the Grass

Out of our five original feral cats, we lost two of the girls, Ildy and Clara.  In return, we have had two new boys join Sophie's Pride.  Tigger, or as I prefer to call him Tigre Secundo since I had a cat once named Tigre,  was left in the neighborhood by someone who I don't think every touched or interacted with him.  Tigger won't let either of us get very close, but he has integrated himself into Sophie's Pride.  Nambe, Juan and Sophie all allow him to be part of their tight-knit group.  When any of Sophie's pride eats on our porch, Tigger is right there along side of them.

Tigger a.k.a. Tigre Secundo

Laguna in the Backyard Tree

We call the second cat that showed up Guero since he is very blond.  He is a feral cat that was taken in to the feral cat clinic, just as we took in our original five.  I can tell because he has been neutered and has one of his ears clipped like our other feral cats.  He is a very sweet and gentle cat.  He recognizes me, but like all the other feral cats, only allows me to come within about five feet of himself.  He hasn't joined Sophie's pride.  When he visits the cat bowl on my porch, he comes by himself.
Guero

Sophie, mother of Juan, Nambe and Pojaoque
Links:


submit to reddit

No comments: